IBF shared research findings in the field of Education for Sustainable Development. The research project’s titles: “Global Stakeholder Networks for Impactful Research and Education for Sustainable Development” Findings were well received by colleagues at the United Nations University.
Some lessons to be learned by higher education institutions and their stakeholders, are as follows:
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities is becoming a major trend in education for sustainable development globally.
- SDG 4: Quality Education is perceived as an impactful area in education for sustainable development.
- Governance issues and limited resources in the global south remain critical issues and need to be addressed through international cooperation and knowledge transfer.
- Mobilizing resources to address the above-mentioned issues and stronger partnerships (SDG: 17
- Partnerships for the goals) can promote inclusive and impactful education and research for sustainable development.
UNU – United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability